Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another Year Older and ....

what a great birthday!

The morning started slowly yesterday, as usual I was the only one awake and I enjoyed my peace and quiet for a few hours.

First phone call was from my oldest sister, then from my mum and dad, then from my youngest sister. Text messages from Simon and from his girlfriend Charlene.

John woke up after a call from the TV repair guy, so the TV repair guy was our first visitor of the day. He was only there a few minutes and off again to order the part - we'll see him again in a few weeks.

Shane was the first 'kid' out of bed and he gave me new measuring spoons and a new pastry brush. Much needed and appreciated.

Simon and Charlene arrived next with a bouquet of balloons Charlene made, 3 big balloons filled with little pink and black balloons. Then they gave me a big basket filled with gifts: a pig pen; coffee to go - so cute Char wrapped a single coffee and sugar up; a coffee mug that says Love and Cuddles from your little boy; a great big soft toy pig; 2 boxes of chocolates; a pig music box; a pig air freshener; an oinking pig; Brothers and Sisters Season 1 dvds; 3 Sharpie pens; 10 regular pens; a notebook and 2 cards. Talk about spoilt.

John then brought out his gift for me. He gave me a lovely card and an instant scratchie - which one $7.00. The gift was a girly lap top bag and he filled it with wrapped gifts - a slow cooker cookbook; scented soap a Wii classic controller; strawberry chocolates and a funny face thing that looks like a stress ball with hair, eyes and nose, but it is really pliable and you can make all sorts of expressive faces. Reall cool.

Bradley gave me My Sims Kingdom for the Wii and Justin gave me My Sims for the Wii.

Pictures were taken, so I'll post some soon.


2 comments:

Nise said...

How lucky are you. I hope you had a nice day. Dinner sounded nice.

Nise

BronnyB said...

Wow - you were a spoilt little girl! Lucky you - who'da thunk you like pigs??? :)