Thursday, August 5, 2010

Long time between posts

I can't find the photo of the pumpkin crop, must have deleted it. We are however still eating the pumpkins and they are Yummy. We ended up with about 30 butternut pumpkins and were able to share with family.
If the rain holds off I plan to venture out to the garden and do a bit of weeding and planting, also have sugar cane mulch to spread. Winter crops growing now include potatoes, leeks, brown onions, red onions, beetroot, brussel sprouts, red cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, celery, peas, beans, snow peas, strawberries and garlic.
I have a few seedlings to plant too weather permitting: corn, tomatoes and capsicums.
My next big project outside is the front garden, as soon as the fence is up work will begin, I already have a load of plants in pots ready to transplant and 10 standard roses to line the front path to the mailbox. The fence should be up in a month and then the fun can begin.
I've also decided to reclaim one of the flower beds out the back for more vegetable space, all the flowers and plants will be transferred to the front yard. We have a big front yard to fill. WIP photos of the garden will follow - as long as I upload them to the computer before I delete them LOL.

No comments: